I feel like baked chicken is a staple in most families meal list. At times it may feel boring or redundant. WELL this recipe will be just as easy as your go to, but packs tons of delicious and different flavors!! Lets jump right into this, mouthwatering fall off the bone tender, chicken recipe.
- 2 Lemons
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbs Pepper
- 3 tbs Mediterranean herbs seasoning (*Recipe below!)
- 3 cloves of Garlic minced
- 2 lbs Chicken (Bone in and skin on thighs are my favorite)
- Salt to taste
- Combine the zest of the lemons and juice from the same lemons into a bowl.
- Poke the chicken pieces few times using a fork.
- In a large air tight baggie empty lemon bowl goodness, add in the oil, garlic, pepper, salt and chicken. Seal baggie securely.
- Play your favorite song and dance with the bag to mix everything…this is scientifically necessary.
- Place baggie in refrigerator for 2-3 hours. NOT OVER NIGHT! The acid will cook the chicken and that doesn’t sound too good to me.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease a 9×13 glass dish
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the herb seasoning. Place chicken skin side down into greased dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flip chicken and bake for 15 more minutes. Turn on broil for the last 3 minutes.
- Take chicken out and let rest for a few minutes. Then serve!
*Mediterranean herb seasoning
- 2tbs dried Basil
- 2tbs dried Rosemary
- 1 tbs ground Thyme
- 1 tbs Parsely
- 1 tbs dried Oregano
- 1 tbs Dill Weed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
Combine everything in a glass jar. I prefer a mason jar. Whisk or shake it all up…and VOILA! These is SOOO delicious on chicken obviously, but its equally as yummy on pork, veggies, potatoes, etc. The world is your Mediterranean canvas!
This chicken is so yummy, and the leftovers make an incredible topping to salad for lunch the next day. It is basic enough to go well with just about any of your favorite sides. My favorite things to serve along side it is a yummy spinach salad, and couscous packed with steamed vegetables. Both of those recipes will be coming to the blog soon!
Enjoy, love bugs! ❤