These are honestly the best chocolate chip cookies you’ll ever put in your mouth. If you don’t believe me just ask my mom. She asks for these anytime I visit her or she visits me.
If you’ve never made homemade chocolate chip cookies it is sooooo much easier than you realize, I double pinky promise. These require no mixer, and it is a great arm workout…which is good because these cookies are NOT low calorie. Even throughout the cooking process the smell of the butter and sugar will entice you.
Oh. My. Goodness. I can’t get enough of these cookies.Using mostly brown sugar is the trick to make these the so insanely scrumptious! I top mine with a bit of flaky sea salt (sometimes I use Pink Himalayan salt) and its the perfect compliment to the sweetness of the cookie. They are crisp on the edges and ooey gooey in the middle. That, to me, is the sign of a PERFECT cookie. I love the abundance of chocolate chips running through the cookie dough. You will be just as obsessed with these Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies as my family is.
Let’s dive into the recipe!
- 2 1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Butter -I prefer salted, but it it entirely up to you! *Honestly Charming Tip: Use the paper that wrapped the butter sticks to grease the wax paper for easy cookie transfer and a bit extra butter flavor 😉
- 2 Eggs at room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups (12 oz bag) Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Flaky Sea Salt for tops 🙂
- Melt butter and set aside until it is cooled to room temperature
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda into a medium size bowl and set aside
- Combine both sugars into a large bowl, and get rid of all clumps. Add in room temperature melted butter. Whisk for approximately 1 minute, or until it comes together and doesn’t stick to the sides of the bowl.
- Whisk in one egg at a time into the sugar and butter mixture. Make sure it is well combined in between adding your eggs.
- Add in your vanilla and scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is smooth.
- Pour in dry ingredients in 3 parts. Use a spatula once the whisk doesn’t easily work through the batter.
- *Make sure the bottom of bowl is scraped and has no dry ingredients running through it*
- Stir in chocolate chips!!
- Preheat oven to 375*F and place chocolate chip cookie batter into the fridge covered for 10 minutes.
- Scoop out out cookies to your desired size (I like big ol bakery sized cookies and that makes roughly 16) onto wax paper lined cookie sheets. Top each cookie with your flaky sea salt.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes rotating your cookie sheets half way through to ensure even baking. I even like to switch the top and bottom pans as well as rotating them!
- Let cookies rest in cookie sheets for about 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to complete cooling.
I sincerely hope you try out this DELICIOUSLY charming recipe. When you do let me know if you love them like I do!
Don’t forget to Bask in the Beautiful my love bugs!!
PS: I FINALLY figured out how to put pictures throughout the blog…of course that happened after I made 3 recipes to post…. Major fail on my part, but be excited to be able to see behind the scenes photos of all my post! Stay tuned so you see me grow and improve my blogging skills!!